Subject: Re: GNU binutils 2.5.2
To: None <tero.manninen@oulu.fi>
From: None <mikeb@snow.datametrics.com>
List: amiga
Date: 12/20/1994 06:56:26
>Hi,
>
>I have succesfully compiled gcc 2.6.3 to my 0.9a NetBSD. Now
>I would like to update the linker (ld) too, but in the binutils
>2.5.2 there aren't any close configuration to m68k netbsd a.out.
>Or, is the "sunos_big" close enough (in the bfd configure.in)?
>
>I guess there should be a common configure for all a68k netbsd
>machines (isn't the binary format equal?).
>
>++Tero

Binutils has been mostly ported to m68k NetBSD, I believe much of the work
was included with 2.5.2, however, ld and strip still do not work, as shared
library support is not yet working, and probably will not be for some time,
as I was the one that volunteered and got sidetracked with kids and family,
and have not been able to get back to it. I did a lot of the work,
finishing should not really be too difficult, it's just a matter of sitting
down and doing it.

Mike B