Subject: Re: Question about installing on an A2000
To: None <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: amiga
Date: 12/17/1994 19:25:56
>>>>> "Markus" == Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> writes:

Markus> On Dec 16, 2:24pm, Anthony Preston wrote:
>> Subject: Question about installing on an A2000 I did not see the
>> answers to these questions in the FAQs so I will ask...
>>
>> I have an ECS A2000 with a VXL-30 40 Mhz 68030, A2091, 9 MBs
>> memory(1 MB chip, 2 MB 32 bit, 6 MB 16 bit).  I have a 52 MB & 170
>> MB HD plus a CD-ROM drive and a floptical(20 MB).

Markus>  You are out of luck. Either you will only have access to 2MB
Markus> RAM ( which is not nough) or only t 6MB slow-RAM.

Hey, there are several non-contiguous memory patches out there, if you
can compile your own kernel.  Patches have floated on amiga-dev at
several times.  Either go to an archive (preferred) or ask me for a
multisegmented memory patch.  Those two extra megs *will* make a
difference as they will be used for the kernel which is the most
important code to execute fast.  Just remember to use -p as option to
loadbsd, or otherwise the kernel will end up in the 16-bit memory.

Niklas