Subject: Question about installing on an A2000
To: None <amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Anthony Preston <apreston@isd.csc.com>
List: amiga
Date: 12/16/1994 14:24:17
I did not see the answers to these questions in the FAQs so I will ask...

I have an ECS A2000 with a VXL-30 40 Mhz 68030, A2091, 9 MBs memory(1 MB
chip, 2 MB 32 bit, 6 MB 16 bit).  I have a 52 MB & 170 MB HD plus a CD-ROM
drive and a floptical(20 MB).

  1) Is the CD-ROM accessable from the NETBSD?  Is there anything special
     I need to do to have that available?
  2) Given that I want to:
     a) Install NetBSD(latest version)
     b) Do software developement, be able to re-built the system, ect
     Then:
     What size HD should I replace the 52 MB one with?  What is the estimated
     space required to have NetBSD, GCC, plus source and objects on my system?

  3) I currently run a BBS and maintain the Amiga Citadel BBS software.  I
     have a vague idea of what I need to change(serial interface, ect..) but
     I have been using SAS/C 6.3 and using short integers(to remain compatible
     with the IBM versions of Citadel for networking).  What difficulties do
     you see with re-hosting from AmigaDos, SAS/C 6.3 w/ shortints to the
     NetBSD/GCC environment?

 Thanks for the info...