Subject: Re: multiple fdclose's in kernel.
To: Johanan L. Codona <jlc@kepler.whats.att.com>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 12/15/1994 14:26:15
On Dec 15,  3:45pm, "Johanan L. Codona" wrote:
> I tried to compile a new kernel based on the recent -current
> sources.  I tried both my old "release" config file as well as
> the A3000 file that was in the source tree.  Both failed the
> final link due to multiple fdclose definitions.
> Sure enough, both amiga/dev/fd.c and kern/kern_descrip.c have
> fdclose functions defined.
>
> What am I doing wrong.

  Compiling with out-of-sync sources - one of the hazards of using the
-current tree.  I think it was fixed today, but I haven't been able to
get a current SUP yet.

  You need to change the fdclose in fd.c to Fdclose, and you have to
change conf.c appropriately:

diff -cr /mnt/src/sys/arch/amiga/amiga/conf.c sys/arch/amiga/amiga/conf.c
*** /mnt/src/sys/arch/amiga/amiga/conf.c	Fri Dec  2 04:19:17 1994
--- sys/arch/amiga/amiga/conf.c	Sat Dec 10 10:23:04 1994
***************
*** 119,127 ****
  #include "fd.h"
  bdev_decl(fd);