Subject: XView completeness
To: None <amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen Anspach <spach@xor.lax.primenet.com>
List: amiga
Date: 12/13/1994 04:20:15
> ...my friend got Linux working on the PC and I looked at his version
> of XView.  I think it is 3.0 where as we have 3.2. However, his seems so much
> more complete.
>
> How come our version of Xview doesn't allow you to do that.

  "His"?  "We"?  I don't understand what you're getting at here.  If he
wants a newer version, get it and compile it.  I personally brought 3.01
down and it suits my needs quite well.  If I remember correctly, I needed to
do few, if any, modifications for it to build...

> Finally, does anybody know of a good term program for NetBSD?

  If you use X a lot get seyon.

> I want to use
> my Unix for mail and downloads and i want others to be able to call up and
> send files to my computer directly but i don't know how.  I gues I have to
> read the Networking docs.

  RTFM.  ;)

--
                                    - Steve -