Subject: Re: SLIP w/ AmiTCP 4.0
To: amiga <>
From: Michael L. Hitch <>
List: amiga
Date: 12/10/1994 09:30:33
On Dec 10, 11:33am, Markus Illenseer wrote:
> On Dec 9,  4:02pm, "Michael K. Sanders" wrote:
> > 	'slattach -s 9600 /dev/tty00'
> > 	'ifconfig sl0 inet -arp -trailer'
> > 	'route add -interface'
>  I am not sure whether the route is really necessary. Last time i tried
> it using two NetBSD boxes, thisone wasn't required.
>  Also i would suggest doing the ifconfig before the slattach.

  Here's what I've used in the past.  I think it worked the last time
I used it - I normally use PPP now.

slattach -m -h -s 38400 /dev/tty00
ifconfig sl0 inet netmask 0xffffff00 -arp -trailers link0 up

  The route shouldn't be necessary if you are only going to communicate
with the remote system.  I know PPP sets up a route entry for the interface,
but I can't remember if SLIP does that as well.

Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:
Computer Consultant
Office of Systems and Computing Services