Subject: Re: /dev/audio works, (SPARC)tracker not
To: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Geert Uytterhoeven <Geert.Uytterhoeven@CS.kuleuven.ac.be>
List: amiga
Date: 12/09/1994 15:35:14
> I've just checked out /dev/audio, and it works just great! :) Only 'tracker'
> (V3.19) refused to work fully due to some missing ioctls (mainly AUDIO_FLUSH),
> I guess.
>
> Anyone got a working mod-player for NetBSD/amiga? :)

Just a suggestion: Why not using 2 channels to play u-law encoded sound?
That way you can use one channel for 8-bit samples and the other channel
to modulate the volume (6-bit) to achieve a net result of 14-bit (= full
u-law linear range).

> Thanks for the Xcellent work,
                 ^
Hmm, I didn't know that audio uses X11 :-)

Greetings,

						Geert

| Geert Uytterhoeven -->> Wavelets, Amiga, MultiUser, Linux/68k,...  |
| Geert.Uytterhoeven@CS.kuleuven.ac.be                               |
| Dept. of Computer Science, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium |
  Click!