Subject: isa-941208.diff.gz uploaded
To: None <amiga@netbsd.org, amiga-dev@netbsd.org>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <e5niklas@etek.chalmers.se>
List: amiga
Date: 12/08/1994 14:46:08
A new beta of the ISA drivers has been uploaded to uni-regensburg.  It
should end up in experimental soon.  For those who are not familiar with
this kit, it's a framework which makes use of bridgecards to access the
ISA slots of your Amiga.  Supported bridges are the GoldenGateII (beta),
GoldenGateI (pre-alpha :-) ) and the CrossLink (alpha).  Devices in this
kit are the same as earlier: COM ports (both ordinary and such hanging on
the AST multiserial card), LPT ports (both with & without interrupts) and
83*90 ethernet interfaces (like NE[12]000 clones, WD8??3 series and many
3COM cards).  You need to be able to compile your own kernel to use this kit.

Enjoy...

Niklas

PS.  My wife has a 486 with WfWg 3.11 and a HP laserjet 4L.  Yesterday
     I tried for the first time to access her shared printer through the
     local ethernet of ours.  It worked like a charm.  I used ghostscript,
     Samba (a free Lan-manager software used to talk to WfWg), my ISA-kit,
     a GG2 and a NE2000 clone.  Really fun!

PPS. WfWg = Windows for Workgroups (it's something they run on IBM-
     compatibles, if you ever heard of them?).

--LAB06603.786905831/linda.appli.se--