Subject: Re: NetBSD, X and the EGS Spectrum
To: None <gdruebsamen@vms5.sci.csupomona.edu, amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 12/08/1994 13:11:45
On Dec 7,  7:24am, gdruebsamen@vms5.sci.csupomona.edu wrote:
> I am new to NetBSD, and would like to know of any experieneces anyone has had
> with the EGS Spectrum Card running X.  A while back there were posts conserning
> a generic Cirrus Logic Driver (experimental) which would work on ANY gfx card
> using a Cirrus Logic chip.  Has anyone gotten X to work on an EGS Spectrum?

 Xamiga24 is the X server you need, and cirrus.171194.tar.gz and
cirrus.picc_spec.hz is the kernel you need.

 (ANY Cirrus based board is exagerated, works on three Amiga gfx boards :-)

> Also, why does teh install doc talk about two install floppies, when there is
> only one?  And what does the file extension .fs mean?  Its a floppy, but how do
> I uncompress it to a disk?

 Read the F**** Install-doc. It's all in there. .fs means filesystem,
extract under NetBSD with 'dd' or under ADOS with 'rawwrite'.

--
Markus Illenseer