Subject: uname question
To: None <amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen Anspach <spach@xor.lax.primenet.com>
List: amiga
Date: 12/07/1994 12:19:26
  When I invoke "uname -n", I simply get my nodename (xor), but not the FQDN
(xor.lax.primenet.com).  I believe this is incorrect behavior, yes?

  /etc/myname is "xor", and /etc/defaultdomain is ".lax.primenet.com".  I
took a look at the uname src, and it apparently gets its information from the
variable KERN_HOSTNAME.   .../compile/SPACH/vers.c looks like:

char version[] =     "NetBSD 1.0 (SPACH) #0: Mon Dec  5 22:27:06 PST 1994\n    spach@xor:/usr/src/sys/arch/amiga/compile/SPACH\n";

  Where is this taking it's info from?  The current kernel in memory, or
/etc/myname?  Should I just "fix" the kernel info and recompile, or am I
configured wrong?

--
                                    - Steve -

Internet  spach@xor.lax.primenet.com		FidoNet    1:102/852.6