Subject: Re: mount_ados
To: None <amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: amiga
Date: 12/06/1994 02:12:03
In article <6462@lyssa.owl.de>, Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de> wrote:

>     Hi Ty,
>
> you wrote in <199412042004.AA12379@fezzik.endicor.com>:
> > ..., there are no security problems I can see.
>
> Correct, the system can't be hacked that a way.
> But private data on AmigaDOS partitions can be "stolen".

Only if the filesystem is broken (which it is).  It's kind of pointless
to argue about security holes caused by bugs.  Any feature or part of
the system can have security holes caused by bugs.  My point is that the
*design* is secure.  The current implementation is not, but that's
another matter.

--
Ty Sarna                 "You know, we live in the age of the superhighway
tsarna@endicor.com        information network thing..." -- Dave Letterman