Subject: Terminal type of su
To: None <amiga@Netbsd.org>
From: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 12/05/1994 13:48:19
I SUPed the kernel on Dec. 4, and it built OK.  However, there is a VERY
strange problem:

If I boot this new kernel and log in, my terminal type is set to "su".
Needless to say, Vi, etc. don't like this very much.

If I boot with an earlier kernel, using the SAME binaries, my terminal type
is set to "vt200" which is correct.

I have verified this quite carefully.

How does the system figure out the terminal type at boot-up?  I have nothing
set in my .profile or .login or .cshrc.  The ttytab shows vt200 for ttye0.
Why should the kernel affect this?

Another question: has the proc structure size changed recently?  Where can
I get a ps that works with the Dec. 4 kernel?

--
David Jones, M.A.Sc student, Electronics Group (VLSI), University of Toronto
           email: dej@eecg.toronto.edu, finger for PGP public key