Subject: Re: Problems with 1.0 kernel
To: None <ccobb@mango.mnemonics.com>
From: Joern Clausen <joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 12/05/1994 16:51:18
> When loadbsd is running it says
> A1200.  I suppose this is not a problem even though I have an A2000.

This is indeed a problem!!! When I use loadbsd, my A3000 is recognized as
A500/2000. I have to start NetBSD with loadbsd -c 3000, otherwise I get
the message "No root device". This has happend to several people now, and
it is very likely, that the detection of the wrong machine causes heavy
problems.

As some discussion about loadbsd needing OS2.0 for various reasons is going
on, how about rewriting it, and, as a side effect, getting rid of
ixemul.library? I hate to have this library ready, just to start NetBSD.

--
Joern Clausen                        "What do you think will be the biggest
joern@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de        problem in computing in the 90s?"