Subject: Re: BFFS and newfs -O
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andreas Johansson <>
List: amiga
Date: 12/04/1994 20:54:50
According to Matthias Scheler:
> I added BFFS 1.31 to the RDB with HDToolBox and made the partition automount.

Isn't there a problem if you want to set the options to the filesystem,
since they use the reserved block entries in the partitionblock? I seem to
remember that this made me not to put it in the RDB.

> > When I try copying a group of files to the partition from AmigaDOS,
> > the copy command hangs after about a dozen files.  Booting up into
> > NetBSD reveals filesystem errors,  which fsck fixes.
> Which version of BFFS ? I never had this problem.

I have this problem with BFFS 1.31 too. I have an A4000/040 and the problem
occured when writing to a Quantum Prodrive 425Mb on a GVP series II controller.
I haven't tried copying files to my new MicroPolis disk on my A4091. I could
try this if anyone is interrested.

Oh, and btw, it locks up only occationally and if I remember correctly it
locked up more frequently when copying several files rather than one tar

> --
> Matthias Scheler

: E-mail:                            Amiga 4000 is it! :
: S-mail: Andreas Johansson, Karhusvagen 5  6:618, 977 54 Lulea, SWEDEN :
:       There are two groups of people I'll _never_ understand:         :
:                     math-professors and women                         :