Subject: Re: mount_ados
To: None <>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <>
List: amiga
Date: 12/04/1994 13:08:15

Matthias>     Hi Chris,

Matthias> you wrote in <>:
>> The correct solution to this is to clone the access checking code
>> out of msdosfs, to allow users to mount ados file systems, and i'm
>> sure that if you presented a diff to do that, Chris Hopps would
>> apply it.

Matthias> Why in heaven's name should a user be able to mount
Matthias> filesystems ?  There's no reason. And as I proved with my
Matthias> mail he can't even unmount them.

That's a bug, I think everyone agrees.  On the question of the reason
why users should be able to mount filesystems, I think it's good that
users are able to mount self-supplied floppies.  Or is that a security
problem?  I don't think so.