Subject: Re: dot in path name?
To: Drew <andrewt@cs.arizona.edu>
From: None <camattin@eos.ncsu.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 12/01/1994 18:34:34
> 1) I keep getting an error every so often.. It pops up and says
> "sh: warning dot in path name" (something like that)

In your ~/.profile it sets the PATH variable.  Simply remove the
'.' that is in that line.

> 2) Also I'm not hooked up to a netowkr, so I keep getting a tty1 device
> not configured every so often as well.  This pops up in groups of
> three lines. (Same error one right after another)

I think you mean ttye1.  This is the retina console, and it sounds like
you don't have a retina.  Simply edit /etc/ttys, and put a # in front
of the line that looks like:

ttye1  "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt200   on secure       # retina

So, it will look like:

#ttye1  "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt200   on secure       # retina

> 3) Does anyone have an A3000 compiled kernal?  What are the advantages
> of having a kernal compiled specifically for your machine?
> What do I need in order to compile it on my A3000?

Yes.  The only thing I notice is that you can comment out things that your
machine doesn't have, like 68040 support, retina support, etc, etc.

This results in a smaller kernel, and more free real memory.

-Chris

--
Chris Mattingly       | My views are not necessarily those of my employers
camattin@eos.ncsu.edu | Yes, this is a boring sig.  Bite me. :)