Subject: Re: (fwd) NetBSD URL?
To: Tim Walls <tjw1@doc.ic.ac.uk>
From: Matthias Roessler <Matthias.Roessler@informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
List: amiga
Date: 12/01/1994 09:29:33
Tim Walls writes:
> >Is anyone working on a NetBSD HTML page? I'm thinking of doing one,
> >but if there's already one out there I'd like to know so I don't waste
> >my time. :)

Here in Erlangen I've made a small tree with NetBSD-Amiga relating material.
Look at http://www.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/tree/Departments/IMMD-IV/Persons/roessler/NetBSD-Amiga/index.html

> I'm working on getting the NetBSD-Amiga FAQ online (I have converted
> it to HTML format, its a case of finding somewhere to hold it where
> everyone can access it).  Ideally, all the FAQs would be up in HTML
> format (preferably one site for each continent - netbsd.org is dog slow
> from the UK).
The conversion from texinfo to html is made by a small program I found with
archie, so it should be no problem to use texinfo for all docs. I think
there is a possibility to convert html-files to ascii - so the other way
round can be done, too.

> In a few (days|weeks) time (depending on how long "policy decisions" take)
> I should have the NetBSD-Amiga FAQ up for UK WWW access.
> Once this is done, maybe we could work out a standard structure, and
> get all the FAQs up.
>
> >  Mike
>
> Incidentally, I'll be uploading a new version of the NetBSD-Amiga FAQ
> later today, just as soon as I've compiled it all up.  Mostly the same as
> the last edition, with copyright changes and a new question etc.

Today I ftp'ed from ftp.uni-regensburg.de:/pub/os/NetBSD/NetBSD-Amiga/docs/NetBSD-Amiga-FAQ
and found:
drwxrwxr-x  2 bsdadmin      512 Nov 30 23:43 ./
drwxrwxr-x  7 bsdadmin     1024 Nov 30 23:43 ../
-rw-rw-r--  1 bsdadmin    25445 Nov 30 19:01 A4.dvi.gz
-rw-rw-r--  1 bsdadmin    16716 Nov 30 19:01 A4.texinfo.gz
-rw-rw-r--  1 bsdadmin    25636 Nov 30 19:02 USLETTER.dvi.gz
-rw-rw-r--  1 bsdadmin    14941 Nov 30 19:02 txt.gz

when unzipping A4.texinfo.gz I get

zcat: A4.texinfo.gz: invalid compressed data--crc error
Exit 1

:-(

> Cheerio,
>   Tim.  (NetBSD-Amiga FAQ maintainer)
Thanks for your work!

> PS. I'm posting this to current-users 'cos it would be nice if _all_
> the NetBSD FAQs, not just Amiga, were accesible from one WWW tree.

Feel free to put the url given above to your lists.

Matthias

Dipl.-Inf. Matthias Roessler                            Phone: 49 9131 85 8027
IMMD IV,  Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg               Fax1:  49 9131 85 8732
Martensstrasse 1; D-91058 Erlangen                      Fax2:  49 9131 39 388
                                     roessler@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
               http://www.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/IMMD-IV/Persons/roessler/
"Es geht auch anders, aber so geht es auch!"
"You can do this differently, but you can also do it like this!" (Lotti Huber)