Subject: Compiling the A3000 Kernel on a Sun3
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.Org>
From: Karl Ivar Dahl <karld@ifi.uio.no>
List: amiga
Date: 10/27/1994 10:19:21
I have been trying for some time now, to get the
compilation of the NetBSD kernel to work on a Sun 3
running SunOS Release 4.1.

I have met quite a few problems doing this cross-
compilation, and having a bit too little time,
I ask for your help.

The situation is that I got a 300MB drive
for myself at the my univerity, for compiling this
kernel. This drive is local to a SUN3 machine
that is connected to the net with NFS.

This machine is not used by anyone but me, so I thought
that I could start a compile-kernel-on-demand service.

I could just use config files sent to me, and compile a kernel
during the night.

However, I am not root on this machine, and includes,
sources and make-includes must be located on this drive,
in the directory /home/svarte/a/karld/.

Now, Is it possible at all to perform this cross-compilation?
If it demands a lot of work getting the sources work,
I simply do not have the time for it.

Even better, If someone could prepare the source for me,
I could get this going at once. I am not experienced in
this (yet:)

Feel free to contact me if you have a good solution.

--
Cheers,
Karl Ivar Dahl    (____)