Subject: Re: Pre Release 2 Kernel
To: Stephen J. Roznowski <>
From: Heiko Nardmann <>
List: amiga
Date: 10/26/1994 09:28:35
> > From: "Heiko Nardmann" <>
> >
> > Is it possible to compile a kernel which does not use the interlace mode
> > on an Amiga? E.g. my A2024 has some problems with this mode although
> > I have my dOpus working on Hires Interlace ... strange problem.
> > Therefore I would like to have a kernel which uses a A2024 mode during
> > startup.
> I thought that this was binpatch-able.
> -SR

Maybe ... but I have no idea how to do this since I have no NetBSD running
at all due to the missing driver soft for the Evolution (polling) controller
from Macrosystems. But I'm working on one (got all documentation I need).
It is compatible to the NCR 53C94 which is being used by the Octagon series
from BSC, too.

Ciao ... Heiko Nardmann (
         student of computer science
     at: DEC 5000/200, Ultrix 4.4