Subject: Re: serial card
To: None <bsieker@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 10/21/1994 14:03:07
On Oct 21, 11:01am, bsieker@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de wrote:
> > On Oct 20,  5:27pm, Jeremy Alan Green wrote:
> > > I saw an add in amiga world for an alfaData multifacecard III w/ two serial
> > > ports and 1 parallel port.  It says it can handle 115,200 baud (FIFO)...
> > > any chance this would work with NetBSD?
> >
> >   It is on my kernel :-)
>
> Oh, great! Is it already in the generic kernel and/or will it be in
> the 1.0-release Version?

  No, it's not in the generic kernel, and it won't be in the 1.0-release
(unless the release is greatly delayed and new device support is added -
which I think is extremely unlikely).

  This is another (stupid) board that uses the level 6 interrupt, which
is somewhat hard to deal with in NetBSD.  I have gotten it to run fairly
well most of the time, but the system still locks up occasionally when
I'm using one of the MFC-III ports.  I haven't been able to figure out
where the system is hanging yet.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu