Subject: Re: A4000 and IDE Support
To: Chris Williams <chrisw@capcon.apana.org.au>
From: Charles Ewen MacMillan <ilixi@Tezcat.Com>
List: amiga
Date: 10/19/1994 21:08:18
On Thu, 20 Oct 1994, Chris Williams wrote:

> Date: Thu, 20 Oct 1994 06:12:27 +1000 (EST)
> From: Chris Williams <chrisw@capcon.apana.org.au>
> To: amiga@NetBSD.ORG
> Subject: A4000 and IDE Support
>

> By reading FAQs and general chatter on the mailing lists I can see that
> the 68040 processor has been accommodated in NetBSD Amiga.  I have also
> seen that IDE support (so vanilla A4000 can be used) was being developed
> by some enthusiastic sole.  What I'd like to know is whether IDE support
> is generally available so I can experiment with NetBSD on my 14MB A4000
> without first having to invest in SCSI card, drive etc?
>
> Any assistance would be appreciated.

 Perfectly available, and perfectly functional. There was a long period
where my most stable machine was an A3000T, running a late 0.9.

 Now it is a vanilla A4000. Never a peep out of it, though the machine is
still one release behind current/current.

t  e  z  c  a  t  .  c  o  m    i n t e r n e t   s e r v i c e s
   brokers in human interconnectivity - chicago (wicker park)
(312)850-0112<modem> | we support TIA slip | http://tezcat.com<web>
(312)850-0181<voice> | emulation software  | info@tezcat.com<email>