Subject: Re: mount_ados checksum errors
To: Geert Uytterhoeven <Geert.Uytterhoeven@CS.kuleuven.ac.be>
From: Tim Walls <tjw1@doc.ic.ac.uk>
List: amiga
Date: 10/18/1994 16:19:22
>Does NetBSD complain about the first hard disk during boot time?

Umm, I've not noticed anything that looks like a complaint, but I've
included the relevant boot lines below in case it gives someone a
clue

1.0_BETA(INSTALL) #0: Fri Sep 2 ....
atzsc0 at ztwobus0 rom 0xe90000 man/pro 514/3 bounce pa 0xd301c: dmamask 0xffffff
scsibus2 at atzsc0

atzsc0 targ 2 lun 0: < MAXTOR 7290-SCSI       2065 > SCSI1 direct fixed
sd0 at scsibus2: 276MB, 1751cyl, 4 head, 80sec, 512 bytes/sec
atzsc0 targ 6 lun 0: < QUANTUM P40S 940-40-94xxA.2 > SCSI1 direct fixed
sd1 at scsibus2: 40MB, 834cyl, 3 head, 32sec, 512 bytes/sec

>NetBSD couldn't get valid cylinder/head/sector information from the Quantum.
>During boot time I got a message like `blocks/cyl != block/track*heads'
>when the list of connected SCSI devices was displayed.
>So I couldn't access the Amiga files on it.
>Maybe this is your problem too...

I'll have a look and make sure NetBSD's idea of what the disk config
is is the same as the Amiga's.

>Greetings,
>						Geert

Cheers, for the info.