Subject: Re: Kernel compilation
To: None <joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
From: Charles Ewen MacMillan <ilixi@Tezcat.Com>
List: amiga
Date: 10/17/1994 21:41:17
On Mon, 17 Oct 1994 joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE wrote:

> Date: Mon, 17 Oct 1994 17:16:08 +0100 (MET)
> From: joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
> To: Karl Ivar Dahl <karld@ifi.uio.no>
> Cc: amiga@NetBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: Kernel compilation

 <deletia>

> > The line in question is this:
> >
> > .include <bsd.subdir.mk>
>
> I had some Makefiles with .include statements, too. The BSD make, that comes
> with the standard distribution, seems not to know about this statement.
> I got meself GnuMake, and everything worked fine then.

 Actually, the BSD4.4 make should handle this syntax just fine, so long
as the files in /usr/mk are up to date, and correct for the make that you
are using.

 There is a version of it, along with working /usr/mk config in the
contrib dir of most of the mirrors that I compiled, I believe it is
called "bmake." I think it still runs under the current build, but of
course back up everything before trying it.

t  e  z  c  a  t  .  c  o  m    i n t e r n e t   s e r v i c e s
   brokers in human interconnectivity - chicago (wicker park)
(312)850-0112<modem> | we support TIA slip | http://tezcat.com<web>
(312)850-0181<voice> | emulation software  | info@tezcat.com<email>