Subject: Re: / trashed..
To: None <lcs@lysator.liu.se, amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 10/14/1994 10:13:38
On Oct 14,  1:27am, lcs@lysator.liu.se wrote:
> Yesterday, I tried the BFFS filesystem to access my / and /usr partitions from
> AmigaDOS. I mounted it, and everything looked great. I could dir and cd and
> everything. Anyway, I wrote 'copy sys:Disk.info bf0:' to copy a nice icon
> to my root partition (actulallt, I didn't use the device name bf0: but the
> volume name). A requster poped up, saying <name> is full. I canceled and when
> i dir:ed, there were no files!
> I booted NetBSD, which paniced:
> / : bad dir ino 2 at offset 0 : mangled entry
> panic: bad dir
> stoped at...

 Never even think about to use BFFs for writing files from ADos to
NetBSD-Partitions!

 No chance to ressurrect your files. Delete the files and try to copy
new files. But this time use NetBSD.

 If you want to transfer files:

 From ADos to NetBSD: Mount ADos Partitions under NetBSD or use floppies
 From NetBSD to ADos: Use BFFs as read-only solution.

 When mounting BFFs, immediatly start a 'lock BFFSa: on' (or whatever
your partition is called).

--
Markus Illenseer