Subject: Re: / trashed..
To: None <, amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 10/14/1994 10:13:38
On Oct 14,  1:27am, wrote:
> Yesterday, I tried the BFFS filesystem to access my / and /usr partitions from
> AmigaDOS. I mounted it, and everything looked great. I could dir and cd and
> everything. Anyway, I wrote 'copy bf0:' to copy a nice icon
> to my root partition (actulallt, I didn't use the device name bf0: but the
> volume name). A requster poped up, saying <name> is full. I canceled and when
> i dir:ed, there were no files!
> I booted NetBSD, which paniced:
> / : bad dir ino 2 at offset 0 : mangled entry
> panic: bad dir
> stoped at...

 Never even think about to use BFFs for writing files from ADos to
 No chance to ressurrect your files. Delete the files and try to copy
new files. But this time use NetBSD.
 If you want to transfer files:

 From ADos to NetBSD: Mount ADos Partitions under NetBSD or use floppies
 From NetBSD to ADos: Use BFFs as read-only solution.

 When mounting BFFs, immediatly start a 'lock BFFSa: on' (or whatever
your partition is called).

Markus Illenseer