Subject: Re: / trashed..
To: Alan Bair <abair@amcu-tx.sps.mot.com>
From: Charles Ewen MacMillan <ilixi@Tezcat.Com>
List: amiga
Date: 10/13/1994 23:50:26
On Thu, 13 Oct 1994, Alan Bair wrote:

> Date: Thu, 13 Oct 1994 20:05:20 -0500
> From: Alan Bair <abair@amcu-tx.sps.mot.com>
> To: lcs@lysator.liu.se, amiga@NetBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: / trashed..
>
> If I remember correctly, you should only use the BFFS (mount BSD filesys under
> AmigaDOS) and adosfs (mount AmigaDOS filesys under BSD) for read only purposes.
> I am sure BFFS can trash your filesys on writes as you have run into and I
> don't it would be wise to trust adosfs at this time. Some one else can clarify
> this if I am wrong.

 Yes, this is definately the case now-a-days.

 It has popped up on this list before. I think the incompatiblity of BFFS
for write purposes began right after the changes in how SCSI devices were
mapped. I tried it myself with a garbage drive, and lo, it was ready to
be formatted when I was done.

 CEM.

t  e  z  c  a  t  .  c  o  m    i n t e r n e t   s e r v i c e s
   brokers in human interconnectivity - chicago (wicker park)
(312)850-0112<modem> | we support TIA slip | http://tezcat.com<web>
(312)850-0181<voice> | emulation software  | info@tezcat.com<email>