Subject: who has got tftpboot to work ...
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Marc Duponcheel <mduponch@cisco.com>
List: amiga
Date: 10/13/1994 23:23:41
Hello NetBSD Amiga ...

As suggested by you people I used gcc 2.4.5 to compile the kernel ...
As suggested by you people I added bpfilter support to compile the
kernel ...

And ... this gave me a working netbsd with a working rarpd

!!!! THANK YOU !!!!

But now I am not (yet) able to get the thing to work (i.e. an NCD must
boot from the Amiga)

There seems to be no communication between them :-(

Only one (probably not related) error appears in syslog when I manually
run bootpd (I just tried so many things ...)

This complained about binding to something already in use

Question: Has anybody successfully used a NetBSD for booting other machines over tftp

I have booted the same NCD from a Sun so I 'know' how to setup the NCD

I have browsed many NetBSD manuals and 'configured' things like

/etc/bootparams
/etc/bootptab
/etc/services
/etc/ethers
/etc/hosts
/etc/inetd.conf
/etc/netstart
/etc/rc
/etc/rc.local

Greetings,

--marc.

                          \|||/
                          (o o)
+----------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo------+----------------------------------+
|         |          |                  |  Cisco Systems Belgium NV/SA     |
|        |||        |||                 |  Complex Antares                 |
|       |||||      |||||                |  71, Avenue des Pleiades         |
|                                       |  BELGIUM   EUROPE                |
|     Cisco Systems Europe              |                                  |
|     Marc Duponcheel                   |  tel:    +32 2 778 42 40         |
|       MIS analyst                     |  e-mail: mduponch@cisco.com      |