Subject: Re: MAXUSERS - not properly set?
To: NetBSD list <amiga%NetBSD.org@messi.uku.fi>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@muikku.jmp.fi>
List: amiga
Date: 10/11/1994 20:02:34
Michael Hitch writes:

>   What indication are you getting that indicates you are running out of
> process table entries?

I got a message "process table is full" when trying to create a new
process (ie. trying to run a command in the shell).

> The only place I saw that made any check was in
> kern/kern_fork.c and that was against "maxproc", which is set to NPROC
> in param.c.  There is probably a limitation in amiga/pmap.c when it is
> allocating memory for the user page tables.  I think there is an upper
> limit on the number of pages available for the user page tables.

Hmm.  I _think_ the MAXUSERS is set properly, after all - I checked my
kernel using binpatch (symbol _maxproc).  But _why_ did I get the message
of process table being full when the table had 788 entries and I had only
100...150 processes? :-I

  Jukka Marin

--

| Mail:  Jukka Marin         |     E-Mail:           jmarin@muikku.jmp.fi |
|        Metsurintie 17 B 8  |     FAX/voice:        +358 71 283 2793     |