Subject: The Root floppy for installation
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Francis Demierre <francis@hasler.ascom.ch>
List: amiga
Date: 10/11/1994 13:26:54
Hi All hackers !

as I once said in one of my mail, I was working on an installation
floopy set to ease the NetBSD installation for novice users.

Looking at the one currently provided, I felt myself as a complete
novice too. The guy who did it managed to put a whole lot on it.

All the executables on that floppy (in /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin)
are an absolute link to one single file which is about 750KBytes big.

Could somebody, please, explain me how this was done ?

Is there a supported way of doing this or did that person
renamed every main() in the sources to their command name
and then wrote a main() stub routine and linked all together
(statically) ?

Thanks for any answer....

Francis Demierre          SMTP : francis@hasler.ascom.ch
Ascom Hasler AG,          UUCP: ...!mcsun!chsun!hslrswi!francis
Abt. NVEI2,               X.400: S=francis/O=ascom/P=eunet/A=arcom/C=ch
Belpstrasse 37,,          Tel. : +41 31 999 3503
CH-3000 Bern 14           Fax  : +41 31 999 3735