Subject: bsd problems/questions
To: None <amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Bartholomew Niswonger <bniswong@midway.uchicago.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 10/04/1994 21:36:59
Hello, I have been running netbsd on my amiga for about 2 weeks now,
with very few problems, but I do have one question...

I really need to get access to the serial port to dialin to my
university (I am tired of rebooting to use a term prog) and ws curious
how I might go about doing this...  I hve been playing with cat'ing
and echo'ing to /dev/tty00, but it doesnt work quite right :)

the other thing that would be nice to know is if anyone knows of a way
of using the parellel port to talk to another machine like a serial
port .. this is the situation, my room mate has a clone which we would
like to connect to my machine so he can check his mail from my
machine, but since my amiga needs the serial port to use the modem, I
ws thinking of the prellel port (note my keyboard is hving trouble
with the letter a)  I know there re term progs for the ibm which llow
you to use the parellel port to tlk to a modem (for the high speed
ones) and I would think it wouldnt be too hrd too make netbsd listen
for  connection on the parellel port like it does on the serial, but I
dont know this for sure..

does anyone have any experience with such  thing ?

one other thing :).. is everything I need to use slip already in
netbsd, or is there more I need (are there any good/current faqs on
the subject?) ?

thanks, and sorry about the length (and the lck of a's)

bart niswonger