Subject: Re: Timezones
To: Michael L. Hitch <>
From: None <joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 10/04/1994 17:46:25
> This method
> would require users to configure their own kernels to get the correct time,
> unless they just happened to be in the same timezone as the kernel was
> configured for.

That's exactly, what I meant. As binpatch still seems to be a necessary
tool, why not use it to configure the difference between GMT and the
user's local TZ? It's not nice, but it would work.

Joern Clausen                        "What do you think will be the biggest        problem in computing in the 90s?"
Universitaet Bielefeld               "There are only 17,000 three-letter-
Technische Fakultaet                  acronyms."              [Paul Boutin]