Subject: Re: Problem with elm and locking
To: Bernd Ernesti <erbe0011@FH-Karlsruhe.DE>
From: None <joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 09/28/1994 17:10:15
> I have some problems with elm 2.4 pl23 or pl24.
> When I send me an local mail with Elm and read it with Elm I got some
> message that there is an lock on this message and elm gives it up after
> several tries.
> Has someone solved this problem ?

Configure asks you for file locking methods. These are dot locking, flock
style locking and fcntl style locking. Use the first and the second, but
not the third. I don't know if this is suboptimal, unsecure, or has any
other disadvantages, but elm works fine for me.

--
Joern Clausen                        "What do you think will be the biggest
joern@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de        problem in computing in the 90s?"