Subject: Re: Problem with elm and locking
To: Bernd Ernesti <erbe0011@FH-Karlsruhe.DE>
From: None <joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 09/28/1994 17:10:15
> I have some problems with elm 2.4 pl23 or pl24.
> When I send me an local mail with Elm and read it with Elm I got some
> message that there is an lock on this message and elm gives it up after
> several tries.
> Has someone solved this problem ?

Configure asks you for file locking methods. These are dot locking, flock
style locking and fcntl style locking. Use the first and the second, but
not the third. I don't know if this is suboptimal, unsecure, or has any
other disadvantages, but elm works fine for me.

Joern Clausen                        "What do you think will be the biggest        problem in computing in the 90s?"
Universitaet Bielefeld               "There are only 17,000 three-letter-
Technische Fakultaet                  acronyms."              [Paul Boutin]