Subject: Re: Curses
To: None <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
From: Andreas Heitmann <heitmann@crunch.ikp.physik.th-darmstadt.de>
List: amiga
Date: 09/28/1994 09:59:47
Hi !

    David> I am about to undertake my first application using curses.
    David> I notice in the Sun man page, that SYSV curses will
    David> automatically decode cursor motion keys if the keypad()
    David> function is called.  No such function exists in BSD curses.

    David> Do I have to roll my own - i.e. get a possibly multi-key
    David> sequence and use timeouts to distinguish naked Esc from a
    David> cursor key?

I'm not very familiar with NetBSD-Curses and I don't use it because it
lacks color capabilities. With some minor changes you can get ncurses
to compile (don't flame me, I know that this is Linuxish stuff). It
works with function keys, colors and underline/bold/inverse
attributes.

bye,
--

   Andreas Heitmann  (heitmann@crunch.ikp.physik.th-darmstadt.de)

        "Don't give me any of that intelligent life stuff.
         Find me something I can blow up."

	Lt. Doolittle, _Dark Star_