Subject: mountd has run rampant!!!
To: Amiga <amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@WPI.EDU>
List: amiga
Date: 09/27/1994 21:15:09
ARGH! I'm completely baffled now. I have put my /etc/netstart file back
to the way it originally was, yet I continue to have problems. I just
booted the system, and did a 'ps aux'. mountd was NOT running, and
it isn't supposed to be. However, not 5 minutes ago, I noticed the hd
light running wild, and did another ps. Sure enough, mountd has decided
to run itself continuously. Help! Any idea what's going wrong?

 -Mike

--
 _ //	  Michael K. Sanders -- (msanders@wpi.edu)     _ //

When a shepherd goes to kill a wolf, and takes his dog along to see the
sport, he should take care to avoid mistakes.  The dog has certain
relationships to the wolf the shepherd may have forgotten.
		-- Robert Pirsig, "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle
		   Maintenance"