Subject: Help me! Ethernet vs Slip!
To: None <>
From: Peter Seebach <>
List: amiga
Date: 09/20/1994 00:03:00
Okay, so here's my problem:
The machine you see this message coming from ( is
supposed to be net address, as well as  The
192.129.84.x addresses are my class C license.
My home machine ( is  My other home
machines are connected by ethernet as and

So, here's my problem:
If I connect slip from xxx.133 to xxx.3, I can't talk to the remote machine.
Why?  Because everything assumes the slip interface is irrelevant, after all,
we have a local ethernet card which talks to 192.129.84.*.

How do I configure things so that two hosts are reached through ethernet,
say, and at least one is reached through slip, even though they're in the
same network?  Help!