Subject: Re: pre1.0 #2 installation probelms
To: Chris Browning <>
From: Michael L. Hitch <>
List: amiga
Date: 09/19/1994 14:37:33
On Sep 19,  3:13pm, Chris Browning wrote:
> At this point I type "fd0" and the machine crashes.  I think that it
> says something about a VM problem, then does a kenal stack dump,
> and the repeatedly says :
> panic: MMU fault
> vm_fault(cc000, dd600000, 1, 0) -> 1
>     type 8, code [mmu,,ssw]: 2000145
> My configuration is as follows....
> A2000 / A2620 W/ 2meg 32bit mem
  2Meg isn't going to do it - the minimum is 4M [contiguous].

> GCP Series II HD controller with Quantum P105 (for BSD) and lp85 (Ados).
> Supra Ram card w/ 2 megs (16 bit)

  The release kernel does not support non-contiguous memory, although
there are at least three of us that have built kernels that support
non-contiguous memory.

Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:
Computer Consultant
Office of Systems and Computing Services