Subject: Re: any suggestions for mail and/or news ?
To: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Charles Ewen MacMillan <ilixi@Tezcat.Com>
List: amiga
Date: 09/14/1994 10:25:13
On Wed, 14 Sep 1994, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> Date: Wed, 14 Sep 94 14:55:36 +0200
> From: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
> To: Marc Duponcheel <mduponch@cisco.com>, amiga@NetBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: any suggestions for mail and/or news ?
>
> > ... (inn seems to be wtitten in non-ansi C and relies on lint being
> > installed, while sendmail gave too many errors to feel comfortable).
>
> I had no problems compiling and running INN-1.2 on an older version of
> NetBSD/Amiga. The most difficult part is the configuration, but once you have
> that, you're done.

 INN is actually up to a version 1.4 patched, and the author does not
recommend the usage of earlier versions.

 I recall there being a few areas of the source which had to be played
with but mostly I used "gcc -ansi" and compiled directly from the
Makefiles rather than the "BUILD" script, which makes too many
architecture assumptions.

Charles Ewen MacMillan  | Tezcat.COM - Wicker Park
  <ilixi@tezcat.com>    | Offering Internet Access
Modem: 312-850-0112/0117| Via Interactive UNIX to
Voice: 312-850-0181     |    the Chicago Area.
WWW: http://tezcat.com/ | Mail: info@tezcat.com