Subject: Re: Installing X helpme
To: None <rhw@woodwrk.lerctr.org, amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Hartmut Kuehn <ghost@macbeth.in-berlin.de>
List: amiga
Date: 09/11/1994 03:08:44
Hi Richard (Richard H. Wood), on Sep 3 you wrote:

> Now, I have a question:  I've been using a Sun at work about a year, now,
> and I was told to set $LD_LIBRARY_PATH (and $LD_PATH was it?) to point to
> shared library locations.  Nobody ever mentioned ldconfig, that I recall.
> Does NetBSD also honor these environment variables as well like SunOS?

Hmm, I think the reason is, that ldconfig can only be executed by root.
Can be mistaken, but I think my memory serves well this time.
"setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH bla" will work for every user. I think, it's
also better to "setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH bla:", the : in the end says,
that after bla any default path is to be appended.

Bye

--

Hartmut Kuehn              | E-Mail: ghost@macbeth.in-berlin.de
Phone: +49 (0)30 814 13 78 |         ghost@cs.tu-berlin.de