Subject: Re: X won't quit
To: None <amiga-x@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Per Bojsen <>
List: amiga-x
Date: 01/08/1996 13:22:29
*** Regarding X won't quit; David Talmage <> adds:

David> X won't quit on my A3000.  It worked OK with NetBSD-1.0.  Now
David> that I've moved up to NetBSD-1.1, whe I quit the window manager
David> (e.g. twm, fvwm), I stay in X.

If you're using xdm the following may help: change the suggested
Xscript script to call the X server using exec, i.e.:

	exec X <other arguments to X here>

xdm sends signals to the process running Xscript when you exit the
session but the signals don't seem to be propagated to the X server
process itself unless you use exec (which makes X run in place of the
shell process).

Per Bojsen                                   Email:
DELTA IC Design
Venlighedsvej 4, Hoersholm, Denmark