Subject: Re: Keyboard/SCSI-Interference
To: None <amiga-x@NetBSD.ORG>
From: src <steve@scurvy.spc.uchicago.edu>
List: amiga-x
Date: 11/30/1995 11:13:55
Jose Alburquerque said:

> On Sat, 18 Nov 1995, Wolfgang von Hansen wrote:
>
> > There seems to be a problem with the keyboard driver. I've noticed this
> > under X11 and don't know if it also applies to a simple console window.
> >
> > When there's a lot of SCSI-activity the keyboard behaves strange on input
> > into an xterm window. First of all not all pressed keys are recognized
> > (which may also be due to higher system load during disk access). Then some
> > chars repeat themselves as if the key was not released in time. On even
> > higher load the input gets capsed (which can't be reversed using the
> > caps-key)..
[...]
> > My system's an A3000 with 16/2MB RAM, SCSI-HD & CD-ROM. I am running
> > NetBSD 1.0 from the Gateway CD-ROM. I am using the (generic?) kernel
> > `/netbsd' of the CD with Xdaniver as the xserver.
> >
> Are you sure it's not your hardware?  I was having exact similar problems
> with my computer under AmigaOS.  Just my two cents worth.  Bye :)

	My A3k has the same problem.  Best way to cause it is accessing a DAT.
If I remember correctly, the exessive keyboard repeat and buffering affects
console logins as well as xterm sessions.  I don't experience this behavior
under AmigaOS at all.  I'm really not sure if it's the keyboard driver or
old SBIC driver.  Anyone experience this with the new driver?

My system:
	A3000/25 2C 8F
	Rev. 8 WD-SCSI
	Quantum LP105S ID0
	Quantum EMP1080S ID1
	HP DAT ID5
	NetBSD 1.0

	I'm crossposting this to amiga@netbsd.org since it doesn't seem limited
to X.

--
//  Stephen Champion                   Freelance Programmer ;^)
//  schampion@hampshire.edu            Chicago, IL  USA