Subject: Re: Trying to rebuild Xamiga24
To: None <amiga-x@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Teske <teske@y4me.desy.de>
List: amiga-x
Date: 11/23/1995 11:02:59
On Wed, 22 Nov 1995, Tom Vesterinen wrote:

> > You should use the newest kernel. There were problems with 040 and ZorroIII
> > which have been solved recently. It has nothing to do with your buster,
>
>  I'm using the newest kernel, and it fixed the Z3-related panic.
>  Now something in the hardware causes bus errors, with LONG or LINE
>  reads from illegal addresses. But I guess this is a bit off-topic..

Oh, sorry, that was my standard-answer for problems with the Cybervision.
Maybe I should read more careful:)

There is a problem with Xamiga24, fvwm and xterms (mentioned in the source).
It somehow depends on the screenmode you are using and happens on certain
actions. It doesn't happen if one starts xterm with the -ah option.
Which screenmode do you use, and can the buserrors reproduced with
certain actions or are they random?

>  You probably have a rev. 6 or 7 Buster, which means that you can run
>  the card in 'Slow Buster' mode. If I understood correctly, this mode
>  has no effect under rev. -9.

I can't believe this can be caused by the buster, but I'm no
hardware/buster expert. It seems that everything is possible:(

--
Michael Teske (teske@dice2.desy.de)