Subject: Re: Mosaic and proxies
To: None <amiga-x@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Out of his mind <tv@pobox.com>
List: amiga-x
Date: 10/23/1995 22:39:11
On Mon, 23 Oct 1995, Automatic digest processor wrote:

> From: Greg Fenton <gregf@opentext.com>

> I have read the documentation for mosaic 2.4 (?) and have not found any
> reference to proxies....
>
> Does anyone know if there is a simple way to configure mosaic for proxies?
> (.mosiacrc??)

As far as I know, Mosaic for X uses the "standard" way of identifying the
proxy server, by the environment variables:

    http_proxy
    ftp_proxy
    gopher_proxy
    wais_proxy

Do note that these variables *are* in lower case, unlike most others,
which are capitalized.

=====
== Todd Vierling (tv@pobox.com): In cyberspace no one can hear you scream. ==
=== Plug: I do freelance C/Perl *IX programming and WWW design. E-mail me ===
=== Vierling's Law: The revolution won't be televised; it will be posted. ===