Subject: Bugfix and security hole with xdm in the X11R6 snapshot
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG, amiga-x@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bernd Ernesti <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 09/11/1995 00:36:39
I am sorry, but there are some bug in the X11R6.08Sept95 distribution:
1. This bugs are for xdm which I normally don't use:
- /usr/local/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xscript needs an
at the begining of it or xdm can't even start.
- xdm is broken and has a SECURITY HOLE in it, that means that every
one has root privileges !
PLEASE use the new xdm in X11R6.08Sep95-xdm.tar.gz
gzcat X11R6.08Sep95-xdm.tar.gz | (cd / ; tar --unlink -xfp -)
- Xsetup, which is a script to execute some programms, e.g. xmodmap to
change the keymap, needs an extra line in
to use it:
and /usr/local/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xsetup look like this:
But don't forget to make this script executable:
chmod 555 /usr/local/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xsetup
2. Xcl and Xamiga24 doesn't come up in mono with the supplied xserverrc and
Please add an ' -dev /dev/grf0' after the '-mono' option in it
Many thank to Blaz Zupan <email@example.com> for sending me a bugreport
about this problems.