Subject: Re: Need Help With Xdaniver
To: N. Baccari <normb@utcc.utoronto.ca>
From: Richard H. Wood <rhw@rhw.pic.net>
List: amiga-x
Date: 06/20/1995 18:25:55
According to N. Baccari:

>  I have just installed X11R6 with Xdaniver over NetBSD 1.0 . All
> seems to work great except for the display thats used when I
> start Xwindows. I have NetBSD booting into a 680x485 PAL screen
> on my 1084 monitor with no problem but starting X always causes
> it to use the default display size. I have tried to pass the
> width and height to startx but they are ignored. How can I
> change the display? Being new at this I'm sure its something

use something like
xinit -- /usr/X11/bin/Xdaniver-1.0 -W 668 -H 570 -v -logo -a 5

> fairly simple. The docs for Xdaniver and the FAQ-X didnt
> help me. Also, are the arguments to Xdaniver documented anywhere.
> While trying to set the screen, Xdaniver would print a screenfull
> of possible arguments that scrolled off my screen. The readme

just run X (Xdaniver) with an invalid argument (like -?) and it
will spit out all its options and their meaning(s)

> doesnt say anything about these. Thanks in advance.

try piping the output thru more  (or less) - that's all the docs
I've seen, too.  (There is a manpage for X but I'm not sure if
everything's exactly the same).

>  Norman J. Baccari             _
>  normb@gpu.utcc.utoronto.ca   //
>  Toronto,Ontario           _ //