Subject: Re: PicassoII, Amiga 2000, 040
To: None <amiga-x@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Antti Miettinen <apm@kikka.hut.fi>
List: amiga-x
Date: 06/10/1995 00:20:49
Harald Prasser <prasser@fmi.uni-passau.de>:
>What did you see?

Vertical lines with reddish colour. When I changed the loop to put
random bytes to frame buffer I saw something which looked like random
bytes.

>But I would be very interested if you could find out more about it. If so,
>please tell me about it.

Well I did find out something.

I'm trying to use a 1024x768x8 mode. If I change the line (about 988
in grf_cl.c):

		vgaw(ba, VDAC_MASK, 0);

to be

		vgaw(ba, VDAC_MASK, 0xd0);

I get visible X! Only the colours seem to be messed up. This could be
just X11 problem, nothing in grf_cl.

Ezra Story <ezy@panix.com>:
>This does access the DAC egister, and it sets the display mode to 15/8.
>There is code exactly like this in grf_cl.c, so I'm not quite sure why it
>would make any difference.  If you look around line 991 in grf_cl.c ,
>you'll see the same thing, but with delays in between.  You could try
>repeating that twice (put a for(i=0;i<2;i++) {} around it) and see if
>that helps.

So is the zero just typo if 0xd0 sets fb to 15/8?