Subject: Re: Terminal for X11R6 ?
To: Joel Erickson <jerickso@vogon.islandnet.com>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@tiger.teuto.de>
List: amiga-x
Date: 03/30/1995 11:43:44
Joel Erickson wrote:
> I'd like to know where I can look for a terminal program for X (ie.
> I'd like to be able to dialout to my internet provider, ftp stuff
> and sz it directly into NetBSD rather than having to do all my
> terminal operations from the AmigaDOS side).

 Are you sure you want a 'terminal' program?  Normally you would start SLIP
or PPP in order to interfere with the *Internet*.

 For both, IP access and normal terminal access you can use 'tip' for a
start, yes, even sz would work:  quit tip (don't forget "AD&D0") and start
sz like this:

 sz </dev/tty00 >/dev/tty00

 Otherwise you might try 'seyon', available on ftp.uni-regensburg.de as
binary (for 1.0 or even 0.9 if I remember right).  This is a full featured
terminal program for X.

> Finally, I can't run startx without first su'ing to root.

 Ever read the Amiga-NetBSD-X FAQ?

 chmod go+rw /dev/{mouse[01]|kbd}
 chown root /usr/local/X11R6/bin/X
 chmod 4755 /usr/local/X11R6/bin/X