Subject: Re: Xdaniver server
To: Stuart Park <root@banana.apana.org.au>
From: Rob Healey <rhealey@kas.helios.mn.org>
List: amiga-x
Date: 03/19/1995 01:44:06
> I've just downloaded "Xdaniver" (a colour ECS server in 4 bit planes)
> from regensburg, and tested it out on my machine..
> (setup: A3000, 12M ram, standard v1.0 of NetBSD)
>
> ...and it works perfectly!  wow!  This is sooooo much better than the
> boring mono X screen.  And it seems reasonably fast, except for when
> scrolling text, but apparently that will be improved (?)  Congrats to
> Gary Henderson, you've done an excellent job. (I can't imagine poking
> around with the ECS graphics modes and X internals as being easy..)

	Well, on a stock 3000T xv, as snarfed from uni-regensburg, locks
	the server up solid. This is on a current -current. I also
	can't use xinit on either of 3 3000's running a current -current
	as the resulting server, both X11R5 and X11R6 servers, can't
	access the mouse or keyboard. Has anybody else seen this?
	Do the Xmono and Xdaniver servers need a special kernel setup
	when run under current?

	Overall the Xdaniver server is WONDERFUL tho! I would ask that
	the fputc(stderr,7); be added to the bell routine tho so the
	server can at least beep. I did this with the Xmono server
	under X11R5.

	Also, is the source available for the Xdaniver server? I like to
	be able to rebuild things from scratch...

		-Rob