Subject: New colour ECS/AGA X server for NetBSD 1.0 (and current?)
To: None <amiga-x@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gary Henderson <garyh@wet.sbi.com>
List: amiga-x
Date: 03/13/1995 12:31:13
Hi,

As soon as I can figure out how to, I'll upload a new colour X server for
the Amiga's custom chip set onto Regensburg (can anyone give me any pointers
as to how I go about uploading software - I've only ever downloaded software
before and ftp's put says 'command requires user authentication').

The server, called Xdaniver, is a drop-in replacement for the Xmono server
supplied with the X11R6 binary distribution. It supports all depths and
resolutions supported by the kernel (the 1.0 kernel, unfortunately, only
provides 1 AGA-only screen mode Dbl-NTSC).

I haven't been able to test the server on any other hardware other than my
A1200 with a 68030 @ 33Mhz and 8Mb or RAM, but I see no reason why its
shouldn't work on all Amigas that can run NetBSD. Also, due to a lack of
disk space, I've haven't be able to test the server with many X
applications, so expect some bugs.

See the Xdaniver.readme file for more information.

Gary Henderson.