Subject: Announcement and a question
To: None <amiga-x@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Todd Masco <>
List: amiga-x
Date: 02/19/1995 01:33:33
First, I've compiled the latest version of Arena (0.95b), put into
package tarball form, and placed it at

Among its advantages over 0.94a is that it can handle inlined jpegs.

The arena page can be found at:

Now, my question:

	I'm trying to get my Retina Z3 working with Xamiga24 with no
luck.  I'm running a 1.0 release kernel with no mods -- when I hook up
a monitor to both outputs (amiga and Retina), the amiga monitor shows
an X background display and the retina displays nothing... the cursor
appears over the amiga display but windows do not pop up there.

	Is there something critical that I'm missing, or should I simply
continue monkeying with different modes in grf_rh.c?  I tried this briefly
before, but at that time my monitor couldn't handle any high refresh
rates.  Now that I got a newer one, I'd really love to see how arena is
in color!

Todd Masco     | "Schooling serves to reduce the risk of being eaten." |                           - Scientific American, June, 1982