Subject: XamigaECS16 question
To: None <amiga-x@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Cherry <cherry@crunk.planet.net>
List: amiga-x
Date: 02/15/1995 11:15:47
OK, I downloaded the sources for XamigaECS16 (X11R5.patches-25Oct94.tar.gz),
and successfully compiled the server.  However, it seems to be hardwired
at a width of 640 pixels (i.e. -W 640 has no effect).  The versions of
XamigaECS16 I've found on regensburg and ftp.coe.montana.edu seem to be
able to handle different screen widths; what are the changes required to
get this to work?  (Someone apparently got it to work, so *somebody* must
know).

I did try changing amigaECSC.c (vs.width is set to 640 in
amigaECSCProbe; I changed it to be set to displayWidth), but that
didn't work either.  It opens up a screen with the width specified on
the command line, but from the looks of it, the rest of the server
still thinks it is dealing with a 640 pixel wide screen (i.e. the
image is scrambled unless I specify -W 640).

Any idea what should be done here?  I haven't played around much with
X servers, so I'm sorry if this ends up being a dumb question. :-)

-Andrew Cherry
(cherry@crunk.planet.net)