Subject: xvt
To: None <amiga-x@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Heinz <mheinz@gateway.ssw.com>
List: amiga-x
Date: 02/01/1995 15:00:41
Well,
	Another question:  I'm trying to build xvt for NetBSD-Amiga. (xvt =
an xterm clone with 1/3 the memory requirements).

	It's fairly straight-forward, except that the termios stuff seems
different for NetBSD-Amiga than for Suns (which is what xvt was written for).
I had to make changes to how the termios structure is initialized and I had
to replace a call to ioctl() with a call to tcsetattr().

	This results in an xvt that runs, but when it forks csh, csh announces
that it can't do job control because the ioctl was setup improperly.

	Now, there's obviously a way to do this, since xterm does it.  Can
anyone enlighten me as to the procedure?
 Michael Heinz                                                 ((___))
 mheinz@gateway.ssw.com                                        [ x x ]
                                                                \   /
 "A day job?!?  In an OFFICE!?!                                 (` ')
  AAAAUUUUGGGGRRRRHHHH!!!"  - The Tick                           (U)